September 30, October 1 – 2, 2022
El Cerrito Community Center, 7007 Moeser Lane, El Cerrito CA
Schedule & Deadlines
|Early Bird Entry||August 22 Payment Received|
|Final Entry||September 15 Payment Received|
|Art Receiving||Thursday, September 29, 4 -6:30 pm|
|Art Pick-up||Sunday, October 2, 4:15-5:00 pm|
|Non-member:||$25 per entry|
|Member:||$15 per Early Bird entry
$20 per entry Aug 22 – Sep 15
|Bin Sales||$10 flat rate, maximum 10 items, members only|
|Membership||$40 per calendar year|
ECAA members may enter 3 entries per category.
Non-members may enter 2 entries per category. Limit of one entry in the Special category for all artists. Multiple images as one entry, such as diptych, only by prior approval.
|1 Oil||Any 2-dimensional surface painted only with traditional, alkyd or water-based oils.|
|2 Acrylic||Any 2-dimensional surface painted only with acrylic paint.|
|3 Watercolor||3-L Landscape; 3-O Other than landscape (two sub-categories):
Any 2-dimensional surface painted only with watercolor, including gouache. China white, pen & ink accents OK.
Entries may be made under both or either sub-category, for a total of no more than 3 for members, or 2 for non-members.
|4 Pastel||Works completed in chalk, soft or oil pastels.|
|5 Black & White Photography||Film or digital. No use of Photoshop-like filters, distortion or other software.|
|6 Color Photography||Film or digital. No use of Photoshop-like filters, distortion or other software.|
|7 Digitized Art||Original images, photos or other artwork by the entering artist, modified or manipulated by computer software programs for the final image.|
|8 Sculptural Forms||All 3-dimensional objects made from single or combined elements, including origami. No jewelry.|
|9 Mixed Media/Collage||Original images and art by the entering artist. If it doesn’t fit anywhere else, uses multiple mediums or is a collage, your art belongs here!|
|10 Drawing Media||Works completed in standard drawing media, including charcoal, graphite, colored pencil, crayon, pen and ink (including wash) etc. and all Sumi ink work.|
|11 Printmaking||Relief, intaglio, silkscreen, monotypes, mono-prints, etc.|
|12 SPECIAL THEME||“CONNECTIONS”. Limit one piece per artist, in any of the above media.|
Terms of Eligibility:
- ECAA’s Annual Art Show is a non-juried show open to local Bay Area artists and limited to 250 entries.
- Participating artists must be living, and 18 years old by October 1, 2022.
- ALL entries must be original artwork of the artist. No reproductions. No works that copy or use all or a part of
another artist’s work, including photographs or images from the internet, even if authorized or used by
permission. No assemblage, decoupage or other work using materials from other sources.
- No work done in class, workshop or under other supervision.
- Artwork delivered to the show must be the same one listed on the Entry Form: No substitution of artwork.
- No artwork shall exceed 4 feet in any direction, except sculpture by prior approval.
- Sculptures may not exceed 40 lbs. and will be placed as directed by ECAA volunteers.
- No sale price may exceed $1,000. Artwork NFS by members only.
- ECAA does not collect sales tax. Artists are fully responsible for their own tax liabilities.
- Buyers will make payments to ECAA for all sales.
- Checks to artist, less 20% commission, mailed within two weeks.
- Artists retain all rights of reproduction and licensing, unless by specific agreement with buyers.
- Commission to ECAA on later sales resulting from show activity is the responsibility of the artist. Private sales
without payment to ECAA may disqualify artist from future shows.
- Family friendly: no nudes or violence. Final decision is ECAA’s.
- Artists are responsible to prepare their entries ready for display before the Art Receiving period: 4–6:30 pm
- Each entry must have a completed Artwork Label attached to the back, lower, right corner.
- All 2 -Dimensional work must be framed. Exception for painted edges where artwork depth is at least 1 inch.
- All framed work must include a hanging wire (no string or nylon), not to extend beyond upper frame edge.
- No saw-tooth hangers or clip frames.
- No protruding screw eyes.
- Ends of wire must be taped.
- All artwork requiring protective, clear covering must use acrylic glazing. NO GLASS!
Members’ Bin Sale Requirements:
- Entry in the main show is not required; however, Terms of Eligibility above apply..
- All pieces must be registered online before the Final Deadline.
- Prints, reproductions and collaborative artwork using internet or other artists’ images by permission are accepted here as an exception to eligibility for the main show.
- Members may submit a maximum of 10 items, in clear protective covering, not to exceed 3/8” thickness, including artwork on boards.
- No artwork on stretched canvas.
- Notecard packages count as one item.
- Attach completed Identification Labels before drop-off. Do not mail!
- Receipt provided by receiving crew on Thursday.
- All bin sale art must be unframed. Sales on Saturday and Sunday only.
- Sales on Saturday and Sunday only.
- Buyers take bin purchases at time of sale.
Members’ Table – New this year!
We’ll have a small table set up in the lobby for members to leave business cards, show postcards or small brochures. No artwork, just info.