Terms of Eligibility
- ECAA’s Annual Art Show is a non-juried show open to all local Bay Area artists.
- Participating artists must be living and 18 years old by October 1, 2021.
- All entries must be originals of the artist and not previously entered. No reproductions. No works that copy all or a part of another artist’s work, including from photographs.
- No work done in class, workshop or under other supervision.
- No substitutions. Artwork delivered to the show must be as described on the Entry Form. No wet paintings.
- No artwork shall exceed 4 feet in any direction, except sculpture by prior approval.
- Sculptures may not exceed 40 lbs. and will be placed as directed by ECAA.
- No sale price may exceed $1,000. Artwork NFS by members only.
- ECAA does not collect sales tax. Artists are fully responsible for their own tax liabilities.
- Buyers will make payments to ECAA for all sales.
- Checks to artist, less 20% commission, mailed within two weeks.
- Artists retain all rights of reproduction and licensing, unless by specific agreement with buyers.
- Commission to ECAA on later sales resulting from show activity is the responsibility of the artist. Private sales without payment to ECAA may disqualify artist from future shows.
- Family friendly: no nudes or violence. ECAA’s final decision
- Each entry must have a completed Artwork Label attached to the back, lower, right corner.
- All 2 -Dimensional work must be framed. Exception for painted edges only where depth exceeds 1 inch.
- All framed work must include a hanging wire (no string or nylon), not to extend beyond upper frame edge. Ends of wire must be taped.
- No saw-tooth hangers or clip frames. No protruding screw eyes.
- All artwork requiring protective, clear covering must use acrylic glazing. NO GLASS!
Members’ Bin Sale Requirements
- Entry in main show is not required.
- Must be registered online before the Final Deadline. Prints/reproductions and collaborative artwork accepted.
- Members may submit up to 10 items, in clear protective covering, not to exceed 3/8” thickness.
- Notecard packages count as one item.
- Attach completed Identification Labels before drop-off. Receipt provided by receiving crew on Thursday.
- Do not mail Identification Labels.
- Art must be unframed. Sales on Saturday and Sunday only.
- Buyers may take purchases at time of sale.